In April 2012 Thomas Nelson is releasing the first comprehensive, author-specific app in the corporation’s history for best-selling author Max Lucado. The Max Lucado App represents more than 25 years of the popular author’s publishing career and features content from more than 30 titles including Lucado’s books, gift books, Bibles, children’s books, and devotionals. The Lucado app is free and available in the App Store for iPhone and iPad mobile platforms.
The Lucado App is first and foremost designed to inspire users and provide encouragement on the go. It features five major content areas – Devotional, Publishing, News, Connect and Guide.
- The Devotional Section of the Lucado App will feature a devotional from Max each weekday. Users will also be able to access recent devotional entries by date and topic.
- The Books section offers detailed information on Lucado’s trade books as well as most of his children’s books, gift books, and curriculum. A branded line of Lucado greeting cards and gif products from Hallmark/Dayspring, will also be highlighted.
- The News section highlights Lucado’s speaking schedule, upcoming and recent media appearances, as well as ongoing campaigns such as Lucado’s partnership with World Vision.
- The Connect section offers direct links to Lucado’s popular twitter feed, Facebook page and other social media options.
- The Guide section will help users locate a Lucado Preferred Retailer and allow users to search for Lucado products by key words, felt needs and gift-giving occasions.
Thomas Nelson has served as Max Lucado’s primary publisher since 1992. David Moberg, Senior Vice President and Group Publisher at Thomas Nelson, believes the Lucado app will set a new standard for publishing: “This app makes it possible to take a little bit of Lucado encouragement with you wherever you go. Max’s unique ability to craft phrases that touch both heart and soul provides a wealth of rich content for this exciting new medium.”
Lucado, whose Twitter followers number more than 365,000, is personally excited about the new app: “This app allows me the unique opportunity to encourage others, right in the palm of their hand. What a privilege!”
With a publishing career spanning 25 years, Max Lucado has more than 100 million products in print, of which 80 million are books. Many of his titles have been on national bestsellers lists like The New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly and ECPA. Lucado has been featured on many national media outlets including The TODAY Show, Good Morning America, Huckabee and Fox & Friends. Max and his wife Denalyn live in San Antonio, Texas, where he serves the Oak Hills Church. http://www.maxlucado.com
Thomas Nelson is a leading provider of Bibles, products, and live events emphasizing Christian, inspirational and family value themes. For more information, visit its website http://www.thomasnelson.com